Naturalist / Kayak Guide
Dan has spent the last 10 years in Seward, Alaska, as a kayak guide, mountain guide, naturalist, and captain of a 150-guest tour boat, looking for whales, seals, puffins, and glaciers. Dan studies acoustic killer whale dialects to identify pods (families) by their calls, and is currently working on a Masters degree thesis on killer whale foraging habitat. In addition, Dan has performed improv comedy, flamenco guitar, and fire juggling! Don't expect to see the fire juggling...
- Wild Norway & Svalbard - May 30, 2015
- Northwest Passage - September 4, 2015
- Circumnavigation of South Georgia with the Falkland Islands - October 22, 2015
- Patagonia with the Falkland Islands & Cape Horn - March 10, 2016
- Rainforests & Reefs of Central America - April 12, 2016
- The Untamed North: Iceland to Greenland - July 27, 2016