Although his specialty is subarctic ecology, Kevin’s work as a naturalist and adventure travel guide has taken him from his home in the Pacific Northwest to all seven continents. In 1995 he became a Certification Instructor for the Wilderness Education Association and in 1997 joined the adjunct faculty of the University of Alaska. That same year he initiated an outdoor leadership program for the non-profit Foundation, leading students on month-long backcountry courses. He has worked in several national parks and has guided groups in whitewater rafts, in sea kayaks, and on foot. He holds certifications in scuba diving, swiftwater rescue, and wilderness medicine, as well as a Coast Guard Master’s license. Kevin is also an artist. His first career was as an illustrator, and his work has appeared in various art shows, several times winning juror’s or people’s choice awards. He never travels without his sketchbook.
- Antarctica, South Georgia & the Falkland Islands - January 16, 2015
- Across the Antarctic Circle: Voyage to the 7th Continent - February 21, 2015
- Lapland: Home of the Sami People - March 23, 2015
- Amazon & Peruvian Highlands - April 17, 2015
- Alaska My Way - August 13, 2015
- Circumnavigation of South Georgia with the Falkland Islands - October 22, 2015