Although his specialty is subarctic ecology, Kevin’s work as a naturalist and adventure travel guide has taken him from his home in the Pacific Northwest to all seven continents. In 1995 he became a Certification Instructor for the Wilderness Education Association and in 1997 joined the adjunct faculty of the University of Alaska. That same year he initiated an outdoor leadership program for the non-profit Foundation, leading students on month-long backcountry courses. He has worked in several national parks and has guided groups in whitewater rafts, in sea kayaks, and on foot. He holds certifications in scuba diving, swiftwater rescue, and wilderness medicine, as well as a Coast Guard Master’s license. Kevin is also an artist. His first career was as an illustrator, and his work has appeared in various art shows, several times winning juror’s or people’s choice awards. He never travels without his sketchbook.
- Wild Norway & Svalbard - May 30, 2015
- Alaska My Way - August 13, 2015
- Circumnavigation of South Georgia with the Falkland Islands - October 22, 2015
- Antarctica, South Georgia & the Falkland Islands - January 7, 2016
- Chile & Peru: In the Wake of Humboldt & Darwin - March 25, 2016
- Rainforests & Reefs of Central America - April 12, 2016
- Alaska My Way - July 21, 2016