Mike was raised in Switzerland and began working in expedition travel during a summer break from college. He graduated in 1985 from Skidmore College with a degree in bio/psychology. One of the best expedition leaders in the business, Mike embarked on a full-time career in adventure travel shortly after graduation and has since visited more than 170 countries around the world. Mike has conducted research at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in its onshore laboratory and aboard one of its research vessels. He is a member of The Explorers Club, holds a U.S. Coast Guard captain's license, and has his scuba instructor certificate from NAUI. In 1990 Mike and six others founded Zegrahm Expeditions.
- Northwest Passage - September 4, 2015
- Faces of Polynesia: Fiji to Tahiti - October 15, 2015
- Tahiti to Easter Island: Marquesas, Tuamotus & Pitcairns - October 29, 2015
- Chile & Peru: In the Wake of Humboldt & Darwin - March 25, 2016
- Discoveries of Coastal Europe - May 11, 2016
- Indonesia: Raja Ampat & Asmat Villages - November 3, 2016