I loved the trip to Bhutan, it's an amazing place! We did some fantastic hikes and saw spectacular sights; we also met an important adviser to the Bhutanese government, as well as the family of a young guide. All of the local guides took extra care of us and the last two hotels we stayed in were spectacular.
Bhutan: Journey Through a Himalayan Kingdom
- Visit Tiger’s Nest in the Paro Valley; this is the most famous of the country’s monasteries and a must on any Himalayan tour.
- Explore the deeply spiritual Bumthang region and nearby Tang Valley, an area of open countryside dotted with forests and tiny villages.
- Spend two full days in Thimphu, the main residence of the king, including the National Library, Textile and Folk Heritage Museum, and Takin Nature Preserve.
- Travel through the stunning Phobjikha Valley to visit the recently restored Gangtey Goemba temple complex.
- Time at the beginning and end of your Bhutan tour to explore Bangkok and its many treasures.
Trekking in Bhutan is the experience of a lifetime. Despite your awe, keep your feet securely on the ground with this strong, lightweight aluminum trekking staff. With an ergometric grip to keep your body in alignment, a comfortable thermofoam handle, and a strap with soft fleece padding, this staff won’t leave your side as you make your way from Tiger’s Nest in Paro Valley to Thimphu, the main residence of the king.