Zegrahm makes it happen! The quality of the staff and their lectures cannot be beat. Each day is jampacked with opportunities to learn and explore—if you want to go somewhere remote, wild, and complicated, they're the best.
Circumnavigation of South Georgia with the Falkland Islands
- Spend seven days exploring South Georgia, a land of majestic beauty and amazing wildlife.
- Visit the beautiful, windswept Falkland Islands to view nesting black-browed albatross, Magellanic and rockhopper penguins, along with a host of endemic birds found nowhere else in the world.
- Witness huge colonies of king penguins; with over 200,000 at Salisbury Plain, the colony extends for miles along the sandy beach and tussock-covered hillside.
- Learn about early polar exploration and whaling history, including a visit to the burial site of Sir Ernest Shackleton.
- Watch the antics of fur and elephant seals—males protecting harems, juveniles sparring, and females tending to adorable young pups.
- We have eliminated the single supplement in all categories on this voyage (except suites)! Book a stateroom as a solo traveler and pay the double occupancy rate.
2015 Sea Adventurer
The 110-guest Sea Adventurer was refurbished in 2014 and is a superb oceangoing vessel equipped with stabilizers and an ice-strengthened hull that allow her to navigate easily in the most rugged natural environments. A fleet of Zodiac landing craft allows us to explore at a moment’s notice. Each stateroom has an ocean view, an in-room music system, and en suite bathroom.
Concentrate on South Georgia’s rockhopper penguins and elephant seals instead of cold feet when you’re wearing these rentable, insulated waterproof boots. Simply the best of the best and endorsed by our expedition leaders, they’re 100% waterproof, moldable to your foot, lined with cozy fleece, and rated for comfort in temps ranging from -40 F to 60 F.