Thorough preparation, excellent resources, and intelligent flexibilty made this trip one of the best.
The Fabled Adriatic
- Discover dramatic scenery and amazing archaeology in the lesser-visited countries of Montenegro and Albania, a focal point of this Adriatic expedition.
- Spend time in photogenic Dubrovnik, a beautifully-preserved medieval masterpiece on your Croatia tour.
- Tour the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Valletta, Malta’s charming capital.
- Explore the stunning Greek and Roman ruins of Syracuse, including the massive 15,000-seat theater, which is still in use today.
- Enjoy ample opportunities to explore charming seaside towns, with the chance to dine ashore on your own.
- As part your Croatia expedition visit Diocletian’s magnificent 4th-century palace in Split.
Built in 1992 and recently refurbished, the Island Sky is a comfortable and contemporary expedition vessel. Public spaces include a large lounge, elegant bar with piano, library stocked with fiction and reference books along with a selection of games, and a single-seating dining room. Outside decks feature a bar, spa pool, and a sun deck where meals are served in pleasant weather. All suites feature ocean views, a sitting area, en suite bathroom, large wardrobes, small refrigerator, and television.
As fitting on your walk through Syracuse’s Greek and Roman ruins as they are at an elegant meal in Dubrovnik, these featherweight, sunblocker khaki pants weigh in at a mere seven ounces, almost half the weight of jeans. Two deep front pockets hold your travel essentials, they’re conveniently wrinkle-free—and they pack so small you can bring along three pairs, if you like!