Apart from the fact that we’ll be seeing a huge variety of Africa’s iconic wildlife and birdlife in large numbers, the greatest thing about this trip is the opportunity to visit parts of Africa that few people get to visit. We'll be exploring some of the greatest wilderness areas in Africa including Mahale Mountains National Park, home to the highest population of chimpanzees anywhere.
- Be among the first to travel on this Tanzania tour developed to offer a more authentic and private wildlife viewing experience in one of Africa’s most popular safari destinations.
- Travel off the well-beaten path of the “migration trail” to revel in the peaceful atmosphere of Tanzania’s lesser-visited wilderness areas—Selous, Ruaha, Katavi, and Mahale.
- Stay in comfortable tented camps designed to blend harmoniously into the natural surroundings on your Tanzania expedition.
- Enjoy a variety of activities from game drives and walking safaris to river and lake cruises, as well as hikes along forest trails.
- Photograph a variety of wildlife—lions, elephants, wild dogs, zebras, chimps, buffalo, and stately giraffes silhouetted by the setting sun, a hallmark of Eastern Africa adventure travel.
- Enjoy excellent birding throughout with over 1,000 recorded species including African fish eagles, white-fronted bee-eaters, lilac-breasted rollers, Tanzanian red-billed hornbills, and yellow-collared lovebirds.
Bringing Tanzania’s massive display of wildlife into close view (8x closer than with the naked eye), these waterproof, compact, and extremely lightweight binoculars are found in the backpacks, boat boxes, and glove compartments of adventure travelers worldwide. Lions, elephants, zebras, and chimpanzees will appear in your lens with crisp, bright clarity.