Back to Africa: Namibia, Botswana, ZambiaFebruary 19, 2015 - March 11, 2015
Heighten your Africa adventure travel experience with one of the finest bush guides on the continent, Lex Hes. We combine three remarkable countries—Namibia, Botswana, and Zambia—on this Africa expedition, enjoying a staggering array of wildlife, from desert rhino to Thornicroft’s giraffe, via chartered aircraft and 4x4 vehicles. Each Lex Hes tour benefits from his 30 years of experience as a guide at the famous Londolozi Game Reserve and his innate knowledge and instincts about Africa. Personal encounters with the Himba people, driving through rugged Damaraland, and paddling winding river channels--it’s all part of this incredible Africa tour.
Africa with Lex Hes Expedition highlights include:
- Accommodations at Desert Rhino Camp in Damaraland, set in a million-acre reserve and home to black rhinos, rhinos, elephants, and more.
- Roam the massive sand dunes of Serra Cafema—a must for those seeking authentic Africa adventure travel.
- Exploration of the Okavango Delta by dug-out canoes, guided by polers from the local BaYei tribe.
- Southern Africa tour with concentration on birding; look out for pelicans, storks, cranes, Dickinson’s kestrels, Meyer’s parrots, and others.
- Nighttime drives—one of the most sublime parts of adventure travel with Lex Hes—offer superb wildlife viewing of genet, civet, serval, hyena, and bush baby.
Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, Wildlife & Nature