- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Back to Africa: Namibia, Botswana, ZambiaFebruary 1, 2014 - February 21, 2014
Priced from: $21,880
Heighten your Africa adventure travel experience with one of the finest bush guides on the continent, Lex Hes. We combine three remarkable countries—Namibia, Botswana, and Zambia—on this Africa expedition, enjoying a staggering array of wildlife, from desert rhino to Thornicroft’s giraffe, via chartered aircraft and 4x4 vehicles. Each Lex Hes tour benefits from his 30 years of experience as a guide at the famous Londolozi Game Reserve and his innate knowledge and instincts about Africa. Personal encounters with the Himba people, driving through rugged Damaraland, and paddling winding river channels--it’s all part of this incredible Africa tour.
Africa with Lex Hes Expedition highlights include:
- Accommodations at Desert Rhino Camp in Damaraland, set in a million-acre reserve and home to black rhinos, rhinos, elephants, and more.
- Opportunity for guided quad-biking excursion in the massive sand dunes of Serra Cafema—a must for those seeking authentic Africa adventure travel.
- Exploration of the Okavango Delta by dug-out canoes, guided by polers from the local BaYei tribe.
- Mombo, Africa tour with concentration on birding; look out for pelicans, storks, cranes, Dickinson’s kestrels, Meyer’s parrots, and others.
- Nighttime drives—one of the most sublime parts of adventure travel with Lex Hes—offer superb wildlife viewing of genet, civet, serval, hyena, and bush baby.
When you travel with Zegrahm Expeditions virtually everything is included in the cost of your Africa tour:
- All accommodations and meals with the group
- Daily activity options, from nature hikes to temple visits
- All gratuities, from porters to tour guides
- Company of an experienced expedition leader throughout
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Welcome briefing to get acquainted and get a good sense of what’s to come
- All park fees and permits
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your trip, with everything from currency information and weather to local customs and a packing list to prepare you for your Africa expedition
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated program manager and air coordinator to answer all of your questions
Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, Wildlife & Nature