Remote TanzaniaAugust 5, 2015 - August 21, 2015
Tanzania is home to some of the largest concentrations of wildlife on Earth. And, while the Serengeti and Ngorongoro typically come to mind for Tanzania adventure travel, this brand-new journey explores the lesser-visited, but equally as impressive parks in the southern part of the country. On this 17-day Eastern Africa tour, you will visit four national parks—Selous, Ruaha, Katavi, and Mahale—in the company of long-time Zegrahm leader and renowned wildlife photographer, Lex Hes. In addition to seeking out a huge variety of wildlife from lions and elephants to zebras and chimps, Tanzania is well-known for its excellent birding with over 1,000 recorded species.
- Be the first to travel on this new Tanzania tour developed to offer a more authentic and private wildlife viewing experience in one of Africa’s most popular safari destinations.
- Travel off the well-beaten path of the “migration trail” to revel in the peaceful atmosphere of Tanzania’s lesser-visited wilderness areas—Selous, Ruaha, Katavi, and Mahale.
- Stay in comfortable tented camps designed to blend harmoniously into the natural surroundings on your Tanzania expedition.
- Enjoy a variety of activities from game drives and walking safaris to river and lake cruises, as well as hikes along forest trails.
- Photograph a variety of wildlife—lions, elephants, wild dogs, zebras, chimps, buffalo, and stately giraffes silhouetted by the setting sun, a hallmark of Eastern Africa adventure travel.
- Enjoy excellent birding throughout with over 1,000 recorded species including African fish eagles, white-fronted bee-eaters, lilac-breasted rollers, Tanzanian red-billed hornbill, and yellow-collared lovebird.
Birding, Photography, Wildlife & Nature