- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Senegal to Spain with Cape Verde, Canary Islands & Morocco
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
A revelation of amazing landscapes, cultures, and history, our multifaceted Senegal to Spain adventure travel vacation begins in Dakar, Senegal’s lively capital. Our tour of the World Heritage Site of Gorée Island, the notorious former slave-trading center, is a humbling experience. With our expert guides, we sail northward to the unique Cape Verde Islands, a geographically important staging area in Portugal’s exploration of the New World. The fantastic volcanic landscapes of the Canary Islands are contrasted with a Morocco tour of the legendary cities of Casablanca and Marrakech. After a delightful visit to Gibraltar, we conclude our Spain tour with a visit to beautiful Malaga.
Senegal to Spain expedition highlights include:
- Senegal tour, including the Great Mosque, French colonial architecture, and picturesque Kermel Market.
- Teide National Park eco tour, with its fantastic birding opportunities and volcanic landscape.
- Optional two-day extension to Marrakech further adds to our Morocco adventure travel highlights.
- Lanzarote Biosphere Reserve, with its lava-tube caves and natural amphitheater.
- Begin or end your Senegal to Spain tour with optional extensions to Mali and Andalusia to further enhance your experience.
With Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your trip. Here is what you can look forward to on this Senegal to Spain expedition:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel nights
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come
- Daily activity options, from perusing local markets to hiking in a volcanic national park
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your Senegal to Spain tour, with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated Zegrahm program manager and air coordinator to answer all your questions
- Photographic journal upon returning home to relive your Senegal to Spain adventure travels
Birding, Culture, Food & Wine, Hiking & Trekking, Photography