- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
South Africa & Namibia By Sea
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
Our South Africa expedition takes us from the cultural melting-pot of Durban, along the rugged, untouched Wild Coast with excursions inland to view Africa’s iconic wildlife. Explore South Africa’s scenic Garden Route and round the southernmost tip of Africa at Cape Agulhas. We include a multi-day Cape Town tour, where exquisite natural beauty and a chic cosmopolitan vibe co-mingle. Our Namibia adventure travel itinerary takes us to the mysterious ghost town of Kolmanskop, which is slowly being buried under the shifting sand dunes of the Namib Desert.
South Africa and Namibia adventure travel highlights include:
- Begin your South Africa adventure travels with an optional extension to Phinda Game Reserve.
- Tour of one of the densest African elephant populations on Earth.
- Drive along one of the world’s most stunning coastal roads and photograph a large colony of African penguins.
- Follow the fabled Wine Route to Franschhoek and Stellenbosch, producers of some of South Africa’s finest vintages.
- In Cape Town, explore the World Heritage Sites of Table Mountain National Park and Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned.
- Walvis Bay eco tour and boat cruise, where we find myriad marine and bird species in the plankton-rich waters.
- Extend your Namibia expedition with a post-voyage extension to further explore this fascinating country.
With Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your South Africa and Namibia expedition:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel nights
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come
- Daily activity options, from wine tasting to seeking out wildlife at game reserves
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your South Africa tour, with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated Zegrahm program manager and air coordinator to answer all your questions
- Photographic journal upon returning home to relive your South Africa and Namibia adventure travels
Birding, Culture, Food & Wine, History, Photography, Wildlife & Nature