Uganda: A Primate ParadiseJuly 17, 2015 - July 30, 2015
Uganda adventure travel is alluring and profound—after all, this is one of Africa’s most biologically diverse countries and home to the amazing mountain gorilla. Our experience here focuses on Uganda’s primates, but delves into the natural wonders of the country from the rain forests of the great Congo Basin to the wetlands of Lake Victoria. During our trekking safari tour, we hope to glimpse lions, leopards, elephants, Cape buffalos, and, of course, the 400-pound knuckle-walking mountain gorillas. Our tour includes two days in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in search of families of gorillas—a truly life-changing endeavor.
Uganda Expedition Highlights:
- A river cruise to the base of the Nile’s highest cataract at Murchison Falls, one of Africa’s most dramatic waterfalls.
- Hike through mahogany forests in Kibale National Park, home to chimpanzees, over 250 butterfly species, and 360 bird species.
- Tree-climbing lions in the Ishasha sector of famed Queen Elizabeth National Park, one of the few places where this behavior may be seen.
- Up-close encounters with mountain gorillas in their natural habitat, one of the most profound experiences of this Uganda tour.
- Accommodations in some of the region’s most luxurious lodges and permanent tent camps, including Gorilla Forest Camp in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Birding, Hiking & Trekking, Photography, Wildlife & Nature
Jonathan Rossouw's Gorilla Encounter in Uganda
This video was captured on our November 2011 Uganda expedition.