- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Ultimate NamibiaSeptember 17, 2013 - October 2, 2013
September 16, 2014 - September 30, 2014
Priced from: $13,980
This comprehensive Namibia tour reveals the country’s tremendous diversity of scenery, culture, and wildlife. Traverse Etosha National Park with stops at productive waterholes to view abundant wildlife—zebras, wildebeest, Damara dik-dik, white and black rhinos, and a wealth of bird species, which in turn attracts a host of predators, from cheetahs and lions to hyenas and jackals. On this Namibia expedition, track desert-adapted elephants in Damaraland and visit a Himba village with local guides. At Walvis Bay board a catamaran cruise to spot seabirds and marine life, accompanied by fresh oysters and local sparkling wine. Your Namibia adventure culminates with a visit to the famed Sossusvlei dunes at sunrise and the ultimate desert camp experience.
- Join Jonathan Rossouw on a brand-new Namibian adventure that offers an in-depth view of Namibia’s wild coasts, rugged mountains, otherworldly deserts, stunning wildlife, and rich cultural heritage.
- Discover an abundance of wildlife including unique desert-adapted elephants in Damaraland, as well as black and white rhinos—Namibia is one of the only regions in Africa where both species are found.
- Photograph the dunes of the Namib Desert, a surrealistic landscape of massive ochre-hued dunes canopied by indigo skies.
- Meet the Himba people, one of the last remaining nomadic tribes in Africa.
- View the amazing rock art of Twyfelfontein. This World Heritage Site is considered to hold the largest and finest collection of petroglyphs in Africa.
- Search for over 340 species of birds, from huge concentrations of flamingos, gannets, and African penguins to rare desert-adapted endemics such as dune larks, Rueppell’s bustards, and Damara rockjumpers.
Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, New Itinerary for 2013/2014, Photography, Wildlife & Nature