- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Voyage to Madagascar with Mauritius, Reunion, Comoros & ZanzibarNovember 28, 2014 - December 16, 2014
Priced from: $13,970
This is a trip preview. The final itinerary, rates, expedition vessel, and leaders will be available shortly. Please let us know if you would like to be notified by email once this trip is released.
Spectacular scenery awaits throughout this Madagascar expedition with Mauritius, Reunion, Comoros, and Zanzibar. Our East Africa expedition combines the volcanic peaks of Mauritius and Reunion, the colorful chameleons and pristine coral reefs of Madagascar, and the rugged Comoros Islands. Spend six days on a Madagascar tour as we search for mouse, black, and brown lemurs; 32 species of reptiles; and over 100 species of birds, among them rare endemics such as the Madagascar fish eagle and white-breasted mesite. At Nosy Hara, a World Wildlife Fund coral marine ecoregion, you’ll enjoy superb snorkeling and diving.
Voyage to Madagascar adventure travel highlights include:
- Venture beyond the world famous white-sand beaches of Mauritius to explore stands of indigenous forest which provide refuge for a variety of endemic bird and plant species.
- Stroll through Réunion’s charming capital, St. Denis, graced with beautiful colonial architecture and a fascinating Creole heritage.
- The volcanic Comoros offer an interesting mélange of Arabic and French architecture and stunning natural beauty.
- Snorkel or dive over some of East Africa’s healthiest reefs, teeming with colorful fish.
- In magical Zanzibar, wander a labyrinth of serpentine alleyways in Stone Town—a World Heritage Site—filled with the treasures to remind you of your East Africa adventure travels including cloves, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- End your Madagascar tour with an optional post-voyage Serengeti Safari.
Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography, Snorkeling & Diving, Wildlife & Nature