Voyage to Madagascar with Zanzibar, Comoros, Reunion & MauritiusNovember 28, 2014 - December 16, 2014
This expedition to Madagascar, Zanzibar, Comoros, Réunion & Mauritius was named one of National Geographic Traveler magazine’s “50 Tours of a Lifetime.”
Spectacular scenery awaits throughout this Madagascar expedition with Zanzibar, Comoros, Réunion and Mauritius. Our East Africa expedition combines the rugged Comoros Islands, the colorful chameleons and pristine coral reefs of Madagascar, and the volcanic peaks of Mauritius and Réunion. Spend six days on a Madagascar tour as we search for mouse, black, and brown lemurs; 32 species of reptiles; and over 100 species of birds, among them rare endemics such as the Madagascar fish eagle and white-breasted mesite. At Nosy Hara, a World Wildlife Fund coral marine ecoregion, you’ll enjoy superb snorkeling.
Voyage to Madagascar adventure travel highlights include:
- Begin your Madagascar tour with an optional pre-voyage Serengeti Safari.
- In magical Zanzibar, wander a labyrinth of serpentine alleyways in Stone Town—a World Heritage Site—filled with the treasures to remind you of your East Africa adventure travels including cloves, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Discover the volcanic Comoros, which offer an interesting mélange of Arabic and French architecture and stunning natural beauty.
- Stroll through Réunion’s charming capital, St. Denis, graced with beautiful colonial architecture and a fascinating Creole heritage.
- Venture beyond the world famous white-sand beaches of Mauritius to explore stands of indigenous forest which provide refuge for a variety of endemic bird and plant species.
- Snorkel over some of East Africa’s healthiest reefs, teeming with colorful fish.
Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography, Snorkeling, Wildlife & Nature