- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Zambia: Africa's Best-Kept SecretSeptember 16, 2013 - September 29, 2013
Priced from: TBD
Africa’s “best-kept secret,” Zambia presents myriad opportunities for wildlife viewing, photography, and cultural immersion, especially in the company of renowned Africa safari guide, Lex Hes. During our Zambia expedition, we visit three national parks: Kafue, Lower Zambezi, and South Luangwa. We search by day and night for the intense concentrations of wildlife, some 60 animal species and at least 400 species of birds. We boat the Zambezi River, tracking hippos and crocodiles, a highlight of Zambia adventure travel, then spend peaceful evenings at luxury tented camps. We’ve timed our tour so that we see palearctic migrant birds from Northern Europe, as well as intra-African migrants, so have those binoculars at the ready.
Zambia Adventure Travel highlights include:
- Kafue National Park expedition, Zambia’s oldest and largest national park, and home to the once nearly extinct red lechwe, now numbering in the thousands.
- Lower Zambezi National Park, where we hope to witness groups of elephants swimming across the river.
- South Luangwa National Park, where we’ll find the densest leopard population in Africa—their rasping sounds during night safaris create an otherworldly experience.
- Luxury tented camp accommodations throughout our Zambia tour, with raised platforms for wildlife viewing.
- Motorized boating and canoeing along the Zambezi River, home to countless hippos and crocodiles, Pel’s fishing owls, and majestic fishing eagles.
When you travel with us virtually everything is included in the cost of your trip:
- All gratuities, from porters to guides and camp staff
- All accommodations and meals during safari
- Transfers on group arrival and departure days and private bush plane and helicopter transfers between camps
- Daily activity options, from nature hikes to river cruises
- World-class expedition leader
- All park fees and permits
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your trip
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated program manager and air coordinator to answer all of your questions
Birding, Hiking & Trekking, Photography, Wildlife & Nature