Antarctic PeninsulaFebruary 21, 2015 - March 6, 2015
Antarctic Peninsula adventure travel offers the ideal introduction to the Great White Continent—truly, the trip of a lifetime. Join naturalists on deck to watch for whales and seabirds as you cross the legendary Drake Passage. Become one of the privileged few who have set foot on Antarctica, where you are greeted by huge colonies of photogenic penguins. Search for seals and whales during expeditionary Zodiac cruises and enjoy awe-inspiring scenery as you trace rugged shorelines. Photographers will delight in the long hours of daylight that illuminate an endless variety of subjects, from glittering glaciers and electric-blue icebergs to impeccably-attired penguins, on this Antarctic Peninsula expedition.
Antarctic Peninsula and Deception Island Expedition Highlights:
- Spend five full days exploring the Antarctic Peninsula.
- Cruise through Lemaire Channel, a supremely scenic strait where orca and humpback whales are frequently found.
- Step ashore on remote beaches to witness huge colonies of chinstrap, gentoo, and Adelie penguins.
- Board Zodiacs to search for leopard, Weddell, and crabeater seals hauled out on ice floes.
- Photograph glittering sea-sculpted icebergs on this Antarctic Peninsula expedition, as well as mighty glaciers descending from lofty peaks, and an endless array of wildlife that seem to pose just for you.
- On your Deception Island tour, weigh anchor inside a volcano whose collapsed cone was filled by rushing seawater. The bravest Deception Island adventure travelers may want to take a ‘polar plunge’ into the thermal waters near Pendulum Cove to experience swimming in the Antarctic!
Birding, Photography, Wildlife & Nature