- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Circumnavigation of South Georgia with the Falkland Islands
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
Join us as we celebrate Zegrahm’s 20th anniversary in the land we hold most dear, South Georgia. Our comprehensive South Georgia adventure travel tour aboard the Sea Spirit will capture it all, from the snow-covered plateaus and cliffs draped in 15-foot icicles to the stunning wildlife: majestic king penguins, four species of albatross, fur seals, reindeer, and more. On this exciting wildlife expedition, get up close and personal with the amazing creatures that call this region home. We’ll also pay homage to the man most famous for South Georgia expedition travel, Sir Ernest Shackleton, at his Grytviken gravesite.
Circumnavigation of South Georgia Expedition highlights include:
- Steeple Jason Island, with one of the largest albatross colonies in the world, a must-see on our wildlife adventure travel tour
- Exploring the gentoo and Magellanic penguin rookeries on Carcass Island, and greeting macaroni and rockhopper penguins on Pebble Island
- Strolling a volcanic black-sand beach in Right Whale Bay in search of fur and elephant seals
- Special South Georgia tour of Grytviken by foot, the once-active whaling station and Shackleton’s burial site
- Expert lecturers, naturalists, and Zegrahm cofounders who bring to life 20 years of discovery and the experiences of this special anniversary South Georgia expedition
What to expect:
Our South Georgia adventure travel tour requires a moderate level of exertion on most days. You will need to climb in and out of Zodiacs for shore excursions, and, to make the most of your wildlife expedition, you must be able to walk moderate distances, unaided, over rough terrain. Expect temperatures to range from 35°F to 55°F. The accommodations aboard the Sea Spirit will be very comfortable, with a variety of cuisine each day. Recommended reading and suggested clothing lists for your South Georgia tour will be sent five months prior to departure.
Birding, Hiking & Trekking, Photography, Wildlife & Nature