Wild Norway & SvalbardMay 30, 2015 - June 15, 2015
Dramatic scenery, abundant wildlife, and charming villages are the hallmarks of Norway adventure travel. The long days of Arctic summer allow ample time for exploration of magnificent landscapes by ship, during expeditionary Zodiac cruises, and on foot. Meet the hearty residents of timeless fishing villages and towns steeped in the history of maritime trade and exploration. On our Svalbard tour, wildlife is plentiful and the focus of our time, as the area is home to a wealth of species—including polar bears.
Norway & Svalbard Expedition Highlights:
- Search for Spitsbergen’s legendary wildlife: seals, walrus, whales, Arctic foxes, and Svalbard adventure travelers’ ultimate goal—polar bears.
- Photograph dramatic landscapes on this Norway tour, including chiseled fjords, glittering glaciers, lush tundra blazing with purple saxifrage and moss campion.
- Explore by Zodiac to discover hundreds of thousands of breeding seabirds, including kittiwakes, murres, dovekies, puffins, and rare ivory gulls.
- Visit colorfully-painted villages and tiny fishing hamlets steeped in Viking history.
- Cruise down Geiranger Fjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Norway’s most scenic natural wonders on this Norway expedition.
History, Photography, Wildlife & Nature