Classic India Safari
This expedition has no scheduled departures at this time.
With more than 5,000 years of human history to its name, India is the perfect setting for adventure travel on a grand scale. Our 19-day India and Delhi tour reveals the dramatic landscapes, varied wildlife, and rich culture of the region, from 1,000-year-old Hindu temples to the increasingly rare Bengal tiger. An in-depth Delhi tour, including sights of both Old and New Delhi, kicks off our India expedition. From there, we venture into Bandhavgarh and Kanha National Parks by 4x4 vehicles—the best way to experience India adventure travel and wildlife up close—searching for elusive wild dogs, one-horned rhinos, and Asian elephants.
Wild India Expedition Highlights:
- Search for the increasingly rare Bengal tiger in Bandhavgarh National Park, formerly a maharajah's private hunting preserve.
- Photograph the Asian one-horned rhinoceros in Kaziranga National Park, one of the largest land mammals in the world.
- Seek out a variety of birdlife, including Alexandrine parakeets, Asian open-billed storks, barbets, oriental darters, waterfowl, woodpeckers, and much more.
- Delve into Indian culture by visiting Old and New Delhi, specifically the bustling market filled with everything from wedding jewels to spices. Plus, visit the 1,000-year-old temple in Khajuraho, a World Heritage Site.
- Enjoy in-depth explorations of each park - traversing the forested ridges, thick bamboo, or shallow rivers; searching for wild boar, chital deer, and sambar; and keeping an eye out for the varied birdlife, such as the green bee-eater, white-bellied drongo, and plum-headed parakeet.
Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography, Wildlife & Nature