India, Sri Lanka & the MaldivesNovember 27, 2015 - December 14, 2015
This India expedition combines the rich cultural heritage of India, the amazing historic sites of lush Sri Lanka, and the stunning natural beauty of the Maldives. During your India tour, a two-day exploration of Cochin reveals a mélange of international influences with a cruise through the languid backwaters aboard a local houseboat. In Trivandrum, visit the village of Pongumoode and its surrounding rubber plantations, and enjoy a traditional martial arts demonstration. While on your Sri Lanka expedition, visit an elephant orphanage, the Temple of the Tooth, and the fort of Galle—the latter two are both World Heritage Sites. Spend three full days in the Maldives for world-famous snorkeling over healthy reefs teeming with fish, with the chance to meet the charming locals, a fitting finale of your India adventure travels.
- Wander through Goa’s ancient streets past distinctive colonial Portuguese architecture, and enjoy a cooking demonstration and lunch in a traditional Goan home.
- Visit two World Heritage Sites on your Sri Lanka tour—Kandy’s fabled Temple of the Tooth and the Dutch-built Galle Fort.
- Savor delicious local delicacies at a pineapple plantation near Mangalore.
- Discover the bustling metropolis of Mumbai and the elaborate depictions of the Hindu god Shiva in the caves of Elephanta Island, a World Heritage Site.
- Explore the scenic Kerala backwaters by local boat to observe the rituals of daily life, and enjoy a cultural performance of classical Kathakali dance.
- Snorkel among dazzling corals and prolific marine life in the northern isles of the Maldives, a sure highlight of your India adventure travels.
- Meet the hospitable residents of tiny, traditional fishing villages on some of the Maldives’ lesser-visited islands.
Culture, Photography, Snorkeling, Wildlife & Nature