Natural Wonders of Sri LankaMarch 27, 2016 - April 14, 2016
Home to prolific birdlife, rich marine areas, dramatic landscapes, and a wide range of native species, to participate in Sri Lanka adventure travel is a nature lover’s dream. Travel in the company of wildlife expert, Mark Brazil, for over two weeks of in-depth exploration of this “Pearl of the Indian Ocean.” In addition to visiting a number of the country’s top natural areas, including Sinharaja Nature Reserve—where 95% of the endemic birds of Sri Lanka have been recorded—enjoy a Yala National Park tour, an important conservation area for Sri Lankan elephants and aquatic birds. Also enjoy top-notch accommodations and visits to the World Heritage Site of the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, on this Sri Lanka expedition.
- Search for abundant wildlife on a Yala National Park expedition, which boasts Asia’s largest concentration of leopards, along with Asian elephants, spotted deer, and over 200 species of birds.
- A hallmark of any Sri Lanka tour, discover the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Sigiriya, an ancient palace and fortress built atop a huge granite monolith; the monumental ruins in Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka’s medieval capital; and the Temple of the Tooth in Kandy, a significant site of pilgrimage for Buddhists.
- Enjoy whale-watching cruises off the southern coast, one of the best places in the world to view blue whales.
- Explore Sinharaja, a vast tropical rain forest that is home to over half of Sri Lanka’s endemic species of flora and fauna.
- Stay in a variety of superb accommodations throughout your Sri Lanka adventure travels—from beach-side resorts and colonial-era mansions to world-class game lodges offering splendid vistas of the surrounding wilderness.
Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography, Wildlife & Nature