Wild Western India
This expedition has no scheduled departures at this time.
If You'd Rather See Exotic Stripes...
Join wildlife expert Mark Brazil on this Western India expedition to discover the treasures of this intriguing region. Prolific wildlife is revealed as you visit several national parks and reserves—including a Gir National Park tour and visits to Velavadar and Little Rann of Kutch. Through a variety of landscapes, from wetlands to desert, we seek unique species such as Asiatic lions, Indian wolves, and the elusive khur, a rare wild ass. Throughout this Western India adventure travel tour, birders will enjoy the impressive variety of species present this time of year, including the beautiful demoiselle crane. We also enjoy the spectacular cultural diversity of this western region of India with visits to bustling Mumbai, traditional rural villages, and historic Jodhpur.
Western India expedition highlights:
- Search for the rare Asiatic lion during the Gir National Park expedition—considered to be one of the most important protected areas in Asia for the big cat, and the elusive khur, also known as the Indian wild ass.
- Explore a variety of habitats during your Western India tour, from the grasslands of Velavadar National Park to the saline desert of the Little Rann of Kutch, once part of the Arabian Sea.
- Two overnights at the sumptuous, all-suite Mihir Garh. This majestic “fort of the sun” seems to emerge from the desert complementing the rugged beauty of the land and serves as a stunning highlight of your Western India adventure travel experience.
- Tour the bustling city of Mumbai, complete with the Gateway of India, the Prince of Wales Museum, and Kamla Nehru Park.
When you travel with Zegrahm Expeditions virtually everything is included in the cost of your Western India tour:
- All accommodations and meals with the group
- All gratuities, from porters to tour guides
- Company of an experienced expedition leader throughout
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Welcome briefing to get acquainted and get a good sense of what’s to come
- All park fees and permits
- Gift certificates for recommended Western India expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your trip, with everything from currency information and weather to local customs and a packing list to prepare you for your Western India adventure travel experience
- Dedicated expedition advisor and air coordinator to answer all of your questions
Wildlife & Nature