- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Ancient Silk Road: China, Kazakhstan & UzbekistanSeptember 5, 2013 - September 26, 2013
Priced from: $9,995
Begin your comprehensive China tour in Beijing with a private rickshaw ride through the old quarters of this ancient town. In Xi’an, visit the world-famous army of Terra Cotta Warriors, a highlight of Chinese adventure travel. Wander through the Kashgar Sunday market which attracts traders from all over Central Asia. Then venture farther west for your Kazakhstan expedition and the cultural capital of the region, Tashkent, and enter the forbidden city of Khiva—a UNESCO World Heritage Site. While in Uzbekistan, marvel at the incredible Islamic architecture of Samarkand as you enjoy special visits to its world-renowned monuments and colorful markets.
China expedition highlights:
- Enjoy a special moment during your China tour with a private guide of the Terra Cotta Warriors in Xi'an.
- Stroll the night market of Dunhuang, famed for its exquisite silk carpets.
- Visit an Uigur home on your Kazakhstan expedition, a fascinating cultural interaction.
- Immerse yourself in the history of Bukhara, the most ancient city in Uzbekistan.
- Attend the famous Kashgar Sunday market, where you’ll find everything from livestock to fur-lined hats.
- Explore the Mogao Grottoes with your expert guide to see ancient paintings dating back to 317 B.C.
- Marvel at the incredible Islamic architecture of Samarkand and Khiva, Uzbekistan’s royal cities.
- Visit the following UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Shakhrisyabz, Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva.
When you travel with Zegrahm Expeditions virtually everything is included in the cost of your China tour:
- All accommodations and meals with the group
- Daily activity options, from a private tour of the Terra Cotta Warriors in Xi’an to an exploration of the 317 B.C. Mogao Grottoes
- Company of an experienced China expedition leader throughout
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Welcome briefing to get acquainted and get a good sense of what’s to come during your China and Kazakhstan expedition
- All park fees and permits
- Gift certificates for recommended China expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your trip, with everything from currency information and weather to local customs and a packing list to prepare you for your China and Kazakhstan expedition
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated program manager and air coordinator to answer all of your questions about your upcoming China adventure travels
Culture, History, New Itinerary for 2013/2014