Bhutan: Journey Through a Himalayan Kingdom
This expedition has no scheduled departures at this time.
Bhutan adventure travel is the experience of a lifetime. In a country where they’ve adopted the concept of Gross National Happiness and where snowcapped peaks are set off by ornate temples and colorful houses, we journey where few travelers have gone before. Your Himalayas expedition includes nature hikes, interactions with local people, and wildlife viewing—glimpse the Himalayan black bear and the black-necked cranes from Tibet. This is a pilgrimage back in time to places where determined people live close to the heavens and keep their traditions alive.
Bhutan and Himalayas Expedition Highlights:
- Visit Tiger’s Nest in the Paro Valley; this is the most famous of the country’s monasteries and a must on any Himalayan tour.
- A hallmark of Himalayan adventure travel, a hike through Phobjikha Valley to see muntjak (barking deer), wild boar, sambar, and more.
- Spend a full day in Thimphu, the main residence of the king, including the National Library, Textile and Folk Heritage Museum, and Takin Nature Preserve.
- Meet the hearty local people who preserve the age-old traditions of Bhutanese life.
- Time at the beginning and end of your Bhutan tour to explore Bangkok and its many treasures.
Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, Photography, Wildlife & Nature