- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Myanmar & Laos: Land of a Thousand TemplesJanuary 31, 2014 - February 18, 2014
Priced from: $11,480
Journey with us into some of the least-explored regions of Indochina—Myanmar and Laos—where countless regal temples, lovely minority tribes-people, and stunning gardens await. Your in-depth Myanmar and Laos adventure travel experience includes visits to the Shwedagon Pagoda of Yangon at sunset, a truly ethereal sight; the whitewashed Mon Temple in Bagan; the floating gardens of Inle Lake; and more monuments, temples, and markets than imaginable. Combining river cruising and overland travel, this Myanmar and Laos tour is deliciously comprehensive, immersing you at once in the natural and cultural wonders that make this corner of the world so magical.
Myanmar and Laos Expedition Highlights:
- Irrawaddy River cruise to 11th-century capital of Bagan, with its thousands of temples, as part of your Myanmar tour.
- Two nights at the Antantara Golden Triangle Resort, one of the finest spa resorts in Thailand.
- Two-night cruise down Mekong River as part of the Laos expedition to view daily life and visit colorful local markets and Buddhist caves.
- One night’s accommodation right on the banks of the Mekong in a serene teakwood lodge.
- And, underscoring your Myanmar and Laos tour, travel in the company of Gary Wintz, one of the very first tour leaders to this region.
When you travel with Zegrahm Expeditions virtually everything is included in the cost of your Myanmar tour:
- All accommodations and meals with the group
- Daily activity options, from nature hikes to temple visits
- All gratuities, from porters to tour guides
- Company of an experienced expedition leader throughout
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Welcome briefing to get acquainted and get a good sense of what’s to come
- All park fees and permits
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your trip, with everything from currency information and weather to local customs and a packing list to prepare you for your Laos expedition
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated program manager and air coordinator to answer all of your questions
Archaeology, Culture, History, Photography