Nepal & BhutanOctober 29, 2015 - November 18, 2015
Well off-the-beaten-path, Nepal and Bhutan represent a colorful patchwork of diverse images—snowcapped Himalayan peaks, subtropical forests, alpine meadows, yak herders, rare birds and animals, and intricate temples. Accompanied by acclaimed wildlife expert, Mark Brazil, this brand-new Nepal tour offers a comprehensive view of these enigmatic lands as you visit ancient monasteries, nature preserves, and sacred spaces in countries nearly unknown to Western travelers. This 22-day Nepal & Bhutan tour highlights both the natural and cultural treasures of these Himalayan countries, including an elephant-back safari in Nepal’s Chitwan National Park (a must for any Nepal adventure travelers), witnessing Sarangkok’s spectacular sunrise, viewing Bhutan’s elegant black-necked cranes, and hiking to the dramatically-situated Tiger’s Nest monastery.
Nepal & Bhutan Expedition Highlights
- Experience the perfect blend of this region’s fascinating culture, stunning scenery, and rich wildlife on this Nepal expedition.
- Explore the subtropical forests of Chitwan National Park on foot, by boat, on game drives, and even by elephant.
- Visit dramatically-situated Tiger’s Nest, Bhutan’s most famous monastery—this is Bhutan adventure travel at its finest.
- Witness a variety of birds and wildlife from black-necked cranes and spotted eagles to one-horned rhinos and wild elephants.
- Spend a full day in Thimphu—the main residence of the King—and visit the National Library, Textile and Folk Heritage Museum, and Takin Nature Preserve, a hallmark of any Bhutan tour.
Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography, Wildlife & Nature