PhilippinesFebruary 7, 2015 - February 27, 2015
The Philippines archipelago of over 7,000 islands boast many natural wonders—soaring volcanoes and rugged mountains, draped in luxuriant foliage, colorful coral reefs, extensive limestone caves, and idyllic beaches. This brand-new Philippines expedition offers a captivating mix of eastern and western cultures, exceptional snorkeling and diving, and lush, tropical forests filled with a variety of endemic flora and fauna. On this exotic Philippines tour, explore mangrove forests and scenic coastlines on numerous Zodiac excursions, while nature hikes reveal the amazing biodiversity of these isolated islands. A special highlight is the opportunity to interact with native cultures whose customs are reflected in their intricate tribal dress, colorful dances, and rich folklore.
Philippines Expedition Highlights:
- Cruise up an amazing subterranean river, passing bizarre rock formations and vast caves to search for unique wildlife on a Palawan Island expedition.
- Snorkel or dive in incredibly clear waters to search for a variety of marine life—from tiny pygmy seahorses and colorful nudibranches to graceful manta rays and massive whale sharks.
- Experience warm welcomes and legendary Filipino hospitality as you visit traditional villages and remote island communities, a hallmark of Philippines adventure travel.
- Search for over 600 species of birds on this Philippines and Palawan Island tour, 194 of which are endemic, including the Philippine hanging parrot, Philippine eagle, Palawan peacock-pheasant, yellow-throated leaf bird, and Luzon hornbill.
- Visit the geologically unique Chocolate Hills, a series of conical mounds that resemble rows of chocolate kisses.
Diving, Birding, Culture, Photography, Snorkeling, Wildlife & Nature