Spirit of the Himalayas: Ladakh, Dharamsala & Shimla
This expedition has no scheduled departures at this time.
This fascinating Himalayas adventure travel expedition takes us to spectacular natural wonders and exquisite cultural landmarks. We begin in Delhi, where we visit energetic bazaars, lavish palaces, and stunning British Raj and Mughal architecture. From here, we venture to the picturesque village of Alchi, before exploring Leh’s superb monasteries. Continuing our Himalayas tour, we venture to Palampur, home to one of India’s holiest Sikh temples. We have three full days to explore on our Dharamsala tour, visiting the Namgyal Monastery, Nechung Monastery, and the Dolma Ling Nunnery. Our Himalayas expedition is a tapestry of ancient, mystical landscapes and the people who call this breathtaking region home.
- No Dharamsala expedition is complete without observing the preservation and practice of Tibetan cultural traditions, including a visit to the residence of the His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
- Photograph dramatic scenery throughout your journey—from soaring Himalayan peaks and deep valleys to rolling hills and dense forests.
- Experience a wealth of Tibetan Buddhist architecture in Ladakh, with the memorable opportunity to meet and talk with monks and students at the Tibetan Buddhist Lamayuru Monastery.
- Observe the legacy of the British Raj as you stroll along streets lined with elegant colonial-era buildings in Shimla, and enjoy a three-night stay at the opulent Wildflower Hall.
- Throughout your Himalayas adventure travels, engage with friendly locals who are happy to enlighten you on the Buddhist, Hindu, and Sikh religions that comprise this unique enclave of India’s far north.
Culture, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography