Treasures of Japan with South Korea
This expedition has no scheduled departures at this time.
Discover the cultural highlights, natural attractions, and dramatic coastlines of Honshu and Kyushu Islands as you sail the Inland Sea on this Japan and South Korea expedition. From imposing castles and timeless villages to a moving exploration of Hiroshima during your Japan tour, and from elegant court dancers and sacred Shinto shrines to exquisite formal gardens, this voyage presents an intricate tapestry of Japanese riches. Among the many highlights of the South Korea tour is a full-day excursion to Gyeongju, a World Heritage Site encompassing hundreds of excavated monuments, temples, tombs, and pagodas. You may choose to begin your Japan adventure travels with a pre-voyage extension to charming Kyoto and to Nara, home to some of the most ancient Buddhist temples in Japan.
Japan and South Korea expedition highlights:
- Experience sacred Shinto shrines and archaeological treasures as well as traditional ceramic studios during your Japan adventure travels.
- Visit the Peace Memorial Park and Garden at Hiroshima as part of the Japan tour.
- Full day in Gyeongju, with a visit to Sokkuram Grotto Shrine, during the South Korea expedition.
- Cruise inland to traditional Matsue, Honshu—the “town of water.”
- Photograph beautiful Koraku-en Garden and Miyajima’s iconic red torii.
With Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your Japan and South Korea tour:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel nights
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come during your Japan expedition
- Daily activity options, from visiting Shinto shrines and archaeological treasures to spending the day in Gyeongju as part of your South Korea tour
- World-class lecture and Japan expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended Japan and South Korea expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your South Korea and Japan tours, with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated Zegrahm expedition advisor and air coordinator to answer all your questions about your Japan tour
- Photographic journal upon returning home to relive your Japan and South Korea adventure travels
Archaeology, Culture, History, Photography