- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Wild Mongolia with Kevin ClementAugust 20, 2013 - September 8, 2013
August 2014 (Exact dates TBD)
Priced from: $12,980
With Zegrahm field director, Kevin Clement, explore the world’s largest intact prairie to search for
herds of argali sheep, Siberian ibex, and Mongolian gazelle, as well as the corsac fox, Pallas’s cat,
and cinereous vulture. Visit with local families to learn about their traditional nomadic lifestyle that
has changed little over the centuries. This is a true expedition traveling well off the beaten path through
a diversity of magnificent landscapes, from undulating grasslands to picturesque river valleys. Try fly
fishing on the Onon River, explore the Jalman Meadows by horseback, and join nature walks to search
for birdlife. Stay at traditional ger (yurt) camps where you recount the day’s adventures around a campfire.
Mongolia Adventure Travel Highlights:
- Join veteran Expedition Leader, Kevin Clement, on a brand new itinerary that travels through virtually untouched and untamed wilderness.
- Search for resident Mongolian wildlife such as argali sheep, Mongolian gazelles, Siberian ibex, cinereous vultures, and corsac foxes.
- Visit local families in their gers (yurts) to learn about the traditions and customs of their nomadic lifestyle that has changed little in hundreds of years.
- Enjoy three full days on the famous Onon River where you explore during horseback rides, river floats, and nature walks.
- Stay in traditional ger camps situated to take advantage of lovely vistas, and recount your Mongolian adventures around a cozy campfire under a canopy of stars.
When you travel with Zegrahm Expeditions virtually everything is included in the cost of your Mongolia tour:
- All accommodations and meals with the group
- Daily activity options, from nature hikes to cultural tours
- All gratuities, from porters to tour guides
- Company of an experienced expedition leader throughout
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Welcome briefing to get acquainted and get a good sense of what’s to come
- All park fees and permits
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your trip, with everything from currency information and weather to local customs and a packing list to prepare you for your Mongolia expedition
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated program manager and air coordinator to answer all of your questions
Archaeology, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography, Wildlife & Nature