Australia's Kimberley: A Voyage to the OutbackApril 22, 2016 - May 6, 2016
This Western Australia expedition takes you to The Kimberley, one of the most remote and captivating regions on earth—a land of towering cliffs, plunging waterfalls, ancient cultures, and exotic wildlife. The 65-guest Oceanic Discoverer easily navigates the mighty rivers and tiny inlets of the region throughout your Kimberley adventure travels. During numerous excursions throughout this Western Australia tour, travelers enjoy striking scenery and unusual wildlife—by boat, Zodiac, and helicopter explore the region’s hidden treasures—narrow gorges, shallow tributaries, and cascading waterfalls. Your Western Australian adventure travels take you to gaze upon the dramatic gorges and pools of Mitchell Falls, search for an astonishing variety of wildlife in the Prince Regent Nature Reserve, discover desert-scapes dotted with bizarre boab trees, and photograph the sublimely beautiful isles of the Buccaneer Archipelago.
Kimberly Expedition Highlights:
- Throughout this Western Australia tour, discover the region’s iconic wildlife, including elusive rock wallabies, huge colonies of flying foxes, and massive saltwater crocodiles.
- Cruise along Montgomery Reef, which rises from the ocean with the outgoing tide.
- Enjoy a highly scenic helicopter ride to Mitchell Falls during the Kimberley expedition, where we swim in crystal-clear freshwater pools.
- Birders thrill to flocks of sulphur-crested cockatoos, gregarious zebra finches, white-bellied sea eagles, great-billed herons, and black-necked storks.
- View the amazing spectacle of the Horizontal Falls, created by massive tidal currents.
Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, History, Wildlife & Nature