- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Australia's Kimberley: Voyage to the OutbackSeptember 12, 2013 - September 26, 2013
Priced from: $10,980
This Western Australia expedition takes you to The Kimberley, one of the most remote and captivating regions on earth—a land of towering cliffs, plunging waterfalls, ancient cultures, and exotic wildlife. The 100-passenger Caledonian Sky easily navigates the mighty rivers and tiny inlets of the region throughout your Kimberley adventure travels. During numerous excursions throughout this Western Australia tour, travelers enjoy striking scenery and unusual wildlife—by boat, Zodiac, and helicopter explore the region’s hidden treasures—narrow gorges, shallow tributaries, and cascading waterfalls. Your Western Australian adventure travels take you to the remote Tiwi islands, where you’ll witness the cultural traditions of the Tiwi people, gaze upon the dramatic gorges and pools of Mitchell Falls, search for an astonishing variety of wildlife in the Prince Regent Nature Reserve, discover forests of bizarre boab trees, and photograph the sublimely beautiful isles of the Buccaneer Archipelago.
Kimberly Expedition Highlights:
- Visit Australia’s indigenous Tiwi people to learn about their ancient traditions and unique rock art.
- Throughout this Western Australia tour, discover the region’s iconic wildlife, including elusive rock wallabies, huge colonies of flying foxes, and massive saltwater crocodiles.
- Cruise along Montgomery Reef, which rises from the ocean with the outgoing tide.
- Enjoy a highly scenic helicopter ride to Mitchell Falls during the Kimberley expedition, where we swim in crystal-clear freshwater pools.
- Birders thrill to flocks of sulphur-crested cockatoos, gregarious zebra finches, white-bellied sea eagles, great-billed herons, and black-necked storks.
With Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your Western Australia tour:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel nights
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come during your Kimberley adventure travels
- Daily activity options, from swimming in freshwater pools at the base of astounding waterfalls to visiting with indigenous peoples and learning about their customs
- World-class lecture and Kimberley expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended Western Australia expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your Kimberley tour, with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated Zegrahm program manager and air coordinator to answer all your questions
- Photographic journal upon returning home to relive your Western Australia adventure travels
Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, History, New Itinerary for 2013/2014, Wildlife & Nature