Insider's New Zealand: Milford Sound to Auckland
This expedition has no scheduled departures at this time.
New Zealand adventure travel is invariably described as awe-inspiring—from the soaring mountains and glacier-carved waterways to islets teeming with seabirds, and flora and fauna found nowhere else on earth. Add to this Milford, Breaksea, and Doubtful Sound tours, visits to gracious, British-flavored cities, and a fascinating cultural mix of hospitable people eager to share their history and tradition—all the makings of a truly memorable journey. After dozens of expeditions to different parts of the country, this comprehensive New Zealand expedition combines our favorite natural and cultural wonders, visiting remote villages, off the beaten track attractions, and natural areas that can only be reached by ship.
- Photograph legendary Milford, Doubtful, and Breaksea sounds; with no roads and relatively shallow water, a small ship is the only way to experience the breathtaking beauty of the scenic fjords.
- Attend a performance highlighting the Maori culture.
- Choose from a variety of activities—wine tastings and whale watching excursions to active hikes and biking tours.
- Search for wildlife on numerous Zodiac cruises and nature walks.
- Step ashore on White Island, where you can explore the inner crater of New Zealand’s only active volcano, a hallmark of true New Zealand adventure travel.
Birding, Culture, Food & Wine, History, Wildlife & Nature