- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Tasmania & New Zealand: A Voyage through the Sub-Antarctic IslandsNovember 25, 2013 - December 14, 2013
Priced from: $13,980
This Tasmania and New Zealand expedition presents a bounty of natural history experiences, combining a variety of striking landscapes with some of the world’s rarest and most fascinating plant and animal species. Begin your Tasmania tour by stepping ashore on some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, and hiking through eucalyptus forests in search of unique birds and marsupials. A special highlight of your New Zealand adventure travel is our time in the sub-Antarctic islands. Zegrahm is one of a small number of operators allowed to travel to these far-flung and ecologically fragile isles. Take nature walks in search of nesting albatross and yellow-eyed penguins, the world’s rarest. Photograph Hooker’s sea lions and elephant seals set against a stunning backdrop of tussock headlands, surf-washed beaches, and flowering megaherbs. The scenic splendors and magnificent geography of the World Heritage areas of New Zealand’s Doubtful, Dusky, and Milford Sounds make a fitting finale.
Tasmania and New Zealand expedition highlights:
- Discover the scenic beauty of legendary Wineglass Bay during your Tasmania expedition, and its incredible diversity of flora and fauna, including 49 endemic species.
- Witness the huge concentrations of wildlife that breed in the sub-Antarctic islands prior to your New Zealand tour—king, rock-hopper, gentoo, and royal penguins; wandering, black-browed, gray-headed, southern royal, and sooty albatross; and Hooker’s sea lions, as well as elephant and fur seals.
- Search for a variety of rare endemic species from Campbell Island’s colorful megaherbs to the photogenic Snares and Fiordland crested penguins.
- Cruise by Zodiac through Dusky, Doubtful, and Milford Sounds during your New Zealand adventure travels, a nearly uninhabited wilderness with breathtakingly beautiful fjords.
With Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your Tasmania and New Zealand expedition:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel nights
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come during your Tasmania and New Zealand adventure travels
- Daily activity options, from Zodiac excursions through Doubtful and Milford Sounds to up-close encounters with penguins, albatross, sea lions, and seals
- World-class lecture and New Zealand and Tasmania expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended Tasmania and New Zealand expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your New Zealand tour, with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated Zegrahm program manager and air coordinator to answer all your questions regarding your New Zealand and Tasmania expedition
- Photographic journal upon returning home to relive your Tasmania and New Zealand adventure travels
Birding, Hiking & Trekking, History, New Itinerary for 2013/2014, Photography, Wildlife & Nature