Faces of Polynesia: Fiji to TahitiOctober 15, 2015 - October 31, 2015
Book-ended by the fabled islands of Fiji and Tahiti, this South Pacific expedition strings together a dazzling array of palm-fanned islands ringed in waters of incredible hues. From the jungle-draped volcanic mountains of Wallis & Futuna to the tiny, low-lying atolls of the Cook Islands, Tahiti adventure travel reveals a world of supreme natural beauty and people proud to share their ceremonial traditions of music and dance. Along the way discover seldom-visited Tokelau and search for endemic species in the lush rain forests of Samoa. Visit uninhabited Suwarrow Atoll, an important breeding ground for huge numbers of seabirds. Snorkel or dive nearly every day and soak in iconic scenery that defines the essence of paradise, on this Fiji tour.
Fiji to Tahiti Expedition Highlights
- Enjoy exuberant welcomes from traditionally clad dancers and experience warm hospitality as you are invited to join kava rituals and sample local delicacies on this Tahiti tour.
- Make a stop in seldom-visited Tokelau and Suwarrow—these tiny coral atolls can only be reached by ship.
- Search for a bevy of rare and endemic birds, including Fiji orange doves, Samoan flycatchers, and Cook Island fruit doves.
- Snorkel or dive nearly every day to discover dazzling coral reefs and healthy populations of tropical fish, the highlight of any Fiji expedition.
- Photograph lush, emerald islands rising from turquoise lagoons, white-sand beaches framed by lanky palms, and lovely dancers adorned in flower leis and tapa cloth.
Diving, Culture, Snorkeling, Wildlife & Nature