Tahiti to Easter Island: Marquesas, Tuamotus & PitcairnsOctober 29, 2015 - November 18, 2015
For many, Polynesia is the very definition of paradise; evoking classic images of palm-fanned beaches, azure lagoons, and exotic, flower-bedecked islanders. Begin in legendary Tahiti and continue east for a Marquesas tour, admiring their sky-piercing volcanoes, lushly-carpeted canyons, and chiseled bays. The low-lying Tuamotu Archipelago, whose remote atolls—mere rings of coral dotted by tiny islets enclosing aquamarine lagoons—offer some of the world’s most dazzling snorkeling and diving. Step ashore on seldom-visited Pitcairn, witness the amazing bird life of uninhabited Henderson and Ducie Islands, and conclude your adventure with an Easter Island tour. This voyage offers a comprehensive blend of Polynesia’s natural and cultural splendors, backdropped by dreamy, postcard-perfect scenery.
- Visit Henderson and Ducie Islands, home to rare and endemic bird species, from Murphy’s and Phoenix petrels and red-tailed tropicbirds to the Henderson Island crake and Stephen’s lorikeet.
- Meet the residents of tiny Pitcairn Island, most are direct descendants of the HMS Bounty crew.
- On your Easter Island adventure travel tour, view giant volcanic stone statues, or moai—their original purpose, lost through the millennia, is one of the world’s great archaeological mysteries.
- Enjoy excellent snorkeling and diving nearly every day to discover healthy reefs teeming with colorful, tropical fish.
- Throughout your Tahiti, Easter Island, and Marquesas adventure travels, step ashore to exuberant welcomes, from the traditional blowing of conch shell “trumpets” to graceful dancers and energetic drummers adorned in tapa cloth and fragrant flower leis.
Diving, Birding, Snorkeling, Wildlife & Nature