Rain Forests & Reefs: Belize, Honduras, Colombia, Costa Rica & Panama
This expedition has no scheduled departures at this time.
Special Group Savings
Planning a trip for a group can be a logistical challenge; why not leave the planning to us? With Zegrahm, every aspect of your trip is taken care of, leaving you free to enjoy a meaningful and memorable trip of a lifetime. Call our office to learn more about special savings of 10% off for groups of 6 or more on this departure!
At the crossroads of two continents, Central America is a land of rich biodiversity with an array of colorful, exotic wildlife and a long and significant human history. This Central America expedition reveals the wonders of five countries, including Belize, Honduras, Colombia, Panama, and Costa Rica tours; two oceans; and, during a stunning daylight transit, the Panama Canal. Throughout your Central America adventure travel experience, you will have numerous opportunities to snorkel over colorful reefs teeming with tropical fish and discover an abundance of birds and wildlife during nature walks and Zodiac cruises, particularly during your Costa Rica expedition. Cultural highlights include visits to traditional villages in San Blas during the Costa Rica tour and the Darién. Optional pre-voyage extension to Tikal and Copán.
Costa Rica and Central America expedition highlights:
- During Zodiac cruises and nature walks on your Central America expedition, search for an incredible diversity of wildlife; more than 750 species of birds have been recorded in Costa Rica alone.
- Meet the Kuna Indians of San Blas during your Costa Rica tour and Embera Indians of the Darién, who proudly preserve their cultural heritage.
- Celebrate the 100-year anniversary of the Panama Canal with a behind the scenes tour of the five billion dollar Panama Canal expansion project and daylight transit through these historic locks, a particularly memorable moment of your Central America expedition.
- Experience exceptional snorkeling during your Central America tour, from Belize’s Half Moon Caye to one of the world’s largest marine parks in Coiba, Panama.
- Step ashore on seldom-visited Isla de Providencia, Colombia; its long history includes tales of colonization, conquest, and buried treasure.
Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography, Snorkeling, Wildlife & Nature