Best of BoliviaOctober 18, 2014 - November 2, 2014
Your Bolivia adventure travels will lead you to a wonderland of astonishing diversity that stretches from the high Andean Altiplano to the lush and wildlife-rich lowlands of the Amazon. Our Bolivia expedition highlights some of the oldest cultures in the New World, the most dramatic landscapes in South America, the largest lake on the continent, and perhaps the greatest variety of flora and fauna on the planet. Begin in La Paz, at over 11,000 feet the highest capital city in the world, before exploring on our Uyuni tour. The Uyuni Salt Flat which stretches between horizons in a glittering sea of crystals, creating one of the most spectacular landscapes in the Americas. We also visit two UNESCO World Heritage Sites on our Bolivia tour—the pink conical Cerro Rico Mountain and Potosi, whose silver mines once made it the largest and richest city in the New World, and Sucre, ‘the white city,’ with streets that wind among brilliantly white-washed buildings of Bolivia’s colonial gem.
Bolivia and Uyuni Expedition Highlights:
- Cruise Lake Titicaca aboard a luxurious catamaran and visit Isla del Sol, the cosmic center of the Incan world.
- Photograph Uyuni Salt Flat which stretches between horizons in a glittering sea of crystals, creating one of the most spectacular landscapes in the Americas, an Uyuni adventure traveler must-see.
- Explore the biodiverse wilderness of Madidi National Park, home to 800 species of birds—almost 10 percent of the world’s total—along with many other species, including the elusive jaguar, a signature highlight of our Bolivia expedition.
- Tour the capital of La Paz, and stroll through narrow streets lined with fine colonial buildings and browse the colorful markets.
- Visit two World Heritage Sites—Potosi, with its famed silver mines and Sucre, Bolivia’s whitewashed colonial gem.
Archaeology, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, History, Wildlife & Nature