Jungle Rivers of South AmericaApril 2, 2015 - April 17, 2015
Explore five countries on this ever-popular South America tour. By Zodiac and on foot search tributaries and rain forest habitats for abundant wildlife, such as sloths, nearly 30 species of monkeys, and, with luck, pink Amazon river dolphins. Bird species number in the thousands here, including the colorful red-and-green macaw, Guianan cock-of-the-rock, and toco toucan—exceeded only by the nearly 2,000 species of dazzling butterflies. Landings at isolated villages built on stilts present you with a glimpse into the lives of Indians and other native peoples on an Amazon tour. Among the many thrills on this voyage is the chartered flight into the heart of wild Guyana to view Kaieteur Falls, nearly five times the height of Niagara.
South America & Amazon Expedition Highlights:
- Search for an incredible diversity of wildlife including monkeys, exotic birds, and pink Amazon river dolphins, a hallmark of South America adventure travel.
- Visit tiny villages and meet the friendly locals who inhabit this lush wilderness.
- Fly into the heart of wild Guyana to view Kaieteur Falls, nearly five times the height of Niagara.
- Wander the eerie ruins of the French penal colony known as Devil’s Island, now nearly reclaimed by lush jungle.
- Discover the natural and cultural riches of Trinidad & Tobago.
- Cruise by Zodiac through pristine wilderness and step ashore on uninhabited islands on this South America tour.
Birding, Culture, History, Photography, Wildlife & Nature