Into the Pantanal: A Brazilian Wildlife AdventureOctober 7, 2014 - October 24, 2014
October 2, 2015 - October 20, 2015
Brazil unfolds before us in all its stunning natural glory during this popular South America expedition. We visit several different biomes, see as many as 25 indigenous mammals, study ten times as many birds, and even meet some of the planet’s rarest primates. This in-depth journey into the Pantanal will showcase the planet’s largest seasonal wetland area. We meet the capybara, the world’s largest rodent; view nocturnal mammals in their natural habitats; and may glimpse jaguars, ocelots, and tapirs.
- Join Mark Brazil on this comprehensive new itinerary that explores the northern and southern regions of the Pantanal, truly one of the most spectacular areas for wildlife in the New World.
- Search for Brazil’s iconic wildlife—caiman, capybara, howler monkeys, marmosets, giant river otters, and our ultimate goal—the elusive jaguar.
- Discover a huge variety of large and colorful birds on this South American adventure travel tour, including: macaws, ibis, storks, curassows, spoonbills, and a wide range of birds of prey.
- Enjoy excellent photography—the dry season offers stunning scenery and up-close shots of wildlife as they congregate at the shrinking water sources.
- Stay at comfortable eco lodges supremely situated to take advantage of nature viewing.
Birding, Hiking & Trekking, Photography, Wildlife & Nature