The Azores & Canary Islands
This expedition has no scheduled departures at this time.
Azores adventure travel offers magnificent architecture, exotic markets, charming villages, dramatic scenery, island endemics, and a long and storied history. The dramatic volcanic islands on this Azores expedition feature historic architecture, lush gardens and vineyards, marine mammals, seabirds, beautiful beaches, and colorful markets. Search for endemic birds on a Canary Islands tour and stroll through charming towns laced with shop-lined cobblestone streets. Morocco offers a sensory-filled experience from mosques to souks in the exotic cities of Casablanca and Agadir, with an optional excursion to Marrakech. Visit the historic sites of Cadiz, Spain and the lovely seaside village of Faro, Portugal before disembarking in enchanting Lisbon, a fitting finale for your Azores tour.
- Step ashore on six of the nine lush, volcanic Azores islands—Sao Miguel, Graciosa, Pico, Faial, Terceira, and Santa Maria.
- Hike through the bizarre volcanic landscape of Roques de Garcia on Tenerife, home to Spain’s largest peak, El Teide, a must-do for Canary Island adventure travelers.
- Enjoy wine tasting in Madeira and learn about the viniculture techniques that have produced the namesake local vintages for centuries.
- Search for rare and endemic birds, including the Cory’s shearwater, Bulwer’s petrel, houbara bustard, laurel and Bolle’s pigeons, plain swift, and blue chaffinch.
- Spend a full day exploring splendid Seville, the capital of Andalusia.
- Enhance your Azores expedition with an optional excursion to Marrakech, famous for its intact medieval architecture and bustling souks packed with vendors touting everything from fresh produce to high-quality leather goods.
Archaeology, Birding, Culture, Food & Wine, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography
25th Anniversary Invitation from Zegrahm Cofounder, Peter Harrison
Zegrahm Cofounder, Peter Harrison, invites you along on Zegrahm's 25th Anniversary expedition to The Azores & Canary Islands and announces our partnership with BirdLife International.