- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Best of the BalticJuly 2, 2013 - July 15, 2013
Priced from: $10,980
During our in-depth Baltic tour, we sail aboard the 100-passenger Island Sky to eight countries: Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and Denmark. As we explore the Old Towns of Gdansk, Riga, and Tallinn, and tour the World Heritage Site of Visby on our Northern Europe expedition, the history and legends of the region come to life. Our Baltic expedition also includes a visit to the charming villages of Bornholm Island, and the impressive ruins of Hammershus Castle, as well as stunning St. Petersburg with its opulent palaces, churches, and theaters, among other highlights.
Baltic Expedition highlights include:
- Spend two days in magnificent St. Petersburg—the Venice of the North—where we enjoy a guided tour of the incomparable Hermitage Museum, Peterhof, and other important sites, a must-see on any Northern Europe expedition.
- Step ashore in beautiful Visby, a World Heritage Site, this city of ‘roses and ruins’ was once the trading center of the Hanseatic League.
- Tour the historic districts of Gdansk, Riga, and Tallinn, which feature a treasure-trove of architectural styles, over the course of our Baltic tour.
- Discover the scenic beauty of Bornholm Island, graced with rolling countryside, charming villages, unique round churches, and the impressive ruins of Hammershus Castle.
- Enjoy a daylight transit of the 61-mile Kiel Canal, a fascinating example of 19th-century engineering.
- Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your Baltic expedition:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel night
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come
- Daily activity options, from botanical garden tours to museum visits
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your Baltic adventure travels, with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated Zegrahm program manager and air coordinator to answer all your questions
- Photographic journal upon returning home to relive your Northern Europe tour
Archaeology, Culture, History, Photography