Circumnavigation of the Black SeaMay 20, 2015 - June 3, 2015
June 1, 2015 - June 15, 2015
October 4, 2016 - October 18, 2016
Our Black Sea expedition features all of the countries rimming this infamous sea—Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, and Bulgaria. In the company of our expert leaders, explore lands with centuries upon centuries of history, rich architecture, contemporary cultures, and stunning landscapes. As we venture forth from Istanbul for our Black Sea tour, we discover four UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including Romania’s winding Danube Delta and several archaeological masterpieces. Enjoy a local Georgian dining tradition, visit busy bazaars, and sample regional wines. In the land where Jason and his Argonauts searched for the Golden Fleece, you’ll find much treasure of your own.
Circumnavigation of the Black Sea Adventure Travel Highlights:
- Archaeological sites, including a cliffside monastery in Turkey and the fabled site of Histria in Romania.
- Turkey tour, including Istanbul’s historic Sultanahmet District, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, as well as the 17th-century Blue Mosque.
- Sochi, Russia, a mineral-spring resort community with a subtropical climate and site of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games.
- The largest Roman ruins in Bulgaria, the 2nd-century Roman thermae, or public baths.
- Accommodations aboard our small ship allow us to visit remote ports and hidden gems during our Black Sea tour.
Archaeology, Culture, Food & Wine, History, Photography