- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Circumnavigation of Ireland
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
Summer vacation is a great time to reconnect with family and friends. Bring a group of four travelers on this voyage and each member of your group receives a 10% savings; and, groups of eight or more travelers receive a 15% savings!
Board the elegant, 110-passenger Clipper Odyssey for this in-depth Ireland expedition. As we maneuver the waterways of the region, our Emerald Island adventure travel tour will include visits to Dún Aengus; the passage tombs of Knowth; the cliffside monasteries and defense lookout towers of the Celtic monks; the Viking legacy of Waterford; and Dublin, Wicklow, Cork, and Killarney. We explore the dramatic landscape on foot and by Zodiac, taking us to the World Heritage Site of Giant’s Causeway or to remote islands to commingle with fascinating seabirds. Your Ireland tour is led by a superb team of lecturers who help you discover the Emerald Isle in a uniquely personal way.
Ireland Adventure Travel Highlights:
- In-depth Dublin tour at the beginning of your Emerald Island expedition; see The Book of Kells at Trinity College, among other historic sites.
- Zodiac excursion to the privately owned Saltee Islands to view the thousands of seabirds who reside there, including puffins and peregrine falcons.
- Full-day excursion to Ring of Kerry, including Killarney National Park, Kenmare, Moll’s Gap, Dingle Bay, and more.
- Giant’s Causeway, some 40,000 closely packed hexagonal columns that descend like a staircase into the sea—a favorite stop on our Ireland tour.
- Ample opportunities to meet the local residents of quaint villages and lift a pint to this remarkable journey in lively pubs.
What to Expect:
Ireland adventure travel requires a moderate level of exertion for most activities. You will need to climb in and out of Zodiacs for excursions ashore, and must be able to walk, unaided, on sometimes uneven beaches and terrains, cobblestoned streets, and stairs without handrails. We have designed the shore excursions during our Emerald Isle expedition to accommodate both those who wish for moderate strolls and those who prefer more active hikes. Expect temperatures ranging from 55°F to 70°F as we make our way around Ireland’s coast—quite comfortable, yet varying as we travel on land and at sea.
Archaeology, Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography, Wildlife & Nature