Circumnavigation of SicilyAugust 29, 2014 - September 10, 2014
Special Group Savings
Planning a trip for a group can be a logistical challenge; why not leave the planning to us? With Zegrahm, every aspect of your trip is taken care of, leaving you free to enjoy a meaningful and memorable trip of a lifetime. Call our office to learn more about special savings of 10% off for groups of 6 or more on this departure!
Join us for our most in-depth Sicily expedition ever as we delve into one of the most fascinating islands in the Mediterranean. In Malta, visit Valletta, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and an architectural masterpiece. Follow ancient trade routes aboard the Island Sky, charting a course for the Roman theaters and villas of Taormina, Piazza Amerina, and Lipari. And, of course, no Sicily and Palermo tour is complete without food and wine! We stop at several vineyards, visit local outdoor markets, and savor the best local cuisine. Cin, cin!
Circumnavigation of Sicily Expedition Highlights:
- Attend cooking demonstrations where you will learn how to prepare traditional Sicilian dishes, plus enjoy several wine tastings from the Marsala and Licata regions.
- A Palermo tour, including ornate Baroque churches, domed Arab mosques, and the 12th-century cathedral.
- An evening cruise near the active Stromboli Volcano for sunset photos and a chance to see the Stromboli “fireworks” from the ship’s deck.
- In true Sicily adventure travel style, a cable car excursion up Mt. Etna, then 4x4 vehicle tour to the main crater, at 9,000 feet.
- The Saint John Catacombs, the Archaeological Park, and the oldest temple in Sicily, the 6th-century B.C. Apollo Temple, all in the Syracuse region.
Archaeology, Culture, Food & Wine, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography