- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Ireland & the British Isles
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
Book this expedition along with three friends or family members and you will each receive 10% off; or if eight or more travel together, you will each receive 15% savings!
Enjoy the Emerald Isle like never before on a British Isles expedition which includes a comprehensive Ireland tour. Discover mysterious Dún Aengus; the cliffside monasteries and lookout towers of the Celtic monks; the Viking legacy of Waterford; and the 17th – 18th century English fortresses, mansions, and elaborate gardens gracing Cork and Killarney. Rolling green glens are studded with shimmering lakes and dramatic cliffs, busy with breeding seabirds, that reach vertically from the sea. In true Ireland adventure travel style, we explore such islands as the Saltees, Skellig Rocks, and Blasket as well as Scotland’s Inner Hebrides by Zodiac. Northern Ireland’s Giant’s Causeway, a World Heritage Site, along with a visit to Scotland's Lagavulin Whiskey Distillery make a fitting finale to our British Isles tour.
British Isles Adventure Travel Highlights:
- Zodiac excursion to the privately owned Saltee Islands to view the resident seabirds, including puffins and peregrine falcons.
- Embark on an iconic drive that encompasses some of the world’s finest scenery from Sneem to the market town of Kenmare, best known as the Ring of Kerry
- Giant’s Causeway, some 40,000 closely packed hexagonal columns that descend like a staircase into the sea—a favorite stop on our Ireland tour.
- Admire the skill and mastery of blowing, cutting, and engraving crystal ware at the renowned Waterford Crystal Gallery
- Raise a pint with fellow travelers and locals alike at several of the many pubs that dot the country throughout our Ireland expedition
With Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your Ireland and British Isles expedition:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel nights
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come
- Daily activity options, from whiskey tasting to Zodiac cruises
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your Ireland adventure travels, with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated Zegrahm program manager and air coordinator to answer all your questions
- Photographic journal upon returning home to relive your British Isles tour
Archaeology, Birding, Culture, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography, Wildlife & Nature