- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Norwegian Fjords & Scottish Isles
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
Our Norwegian Fjords expedition capitalizes on the longest days of summer as we explore Norway’s exquisite, scenic coastline from Tromsø, above the Arctic Circle, to the remote and isolated Scottish Isles. Brightly painted villages, vertical cliffs trailing lacey cascades, and serpentine fjords call to the camera; while millions of seabirds—kittiwakes, shags, razorbills, and puffins—call this paradise home. Cultural landmarks, from the picturesque medieval town of Bergen, a highlight of our Norwegian Fjords tour, to the Iron Age ruins of Mousa in the remote Shetland Islands, remind us of the intrepid nature of the Vikings and modern-day explorers whose obsession with adventure and discovery expanded the northern fringes of the known world.
Norwegian Fjords and Scottish Isles adventure travel highlights include:
- Begin your Norwegian Fjords tour with a visit to Tromsø, known as the “Gateway to the Arctic,” this charming university city is also the launching point for many polar expeditions.
- Take a walking tour of the Lofoten Islands’ town of Reine, hailed as the most scenic spot in Norway; it sits on the shores of a blue-green lagoon surrounded by pinnacled mountain peaks.
- Visit the 19th-century trading station of Kjerringøy, most of the historic district has been preserved as an open-air museum.
- Admire the element-sculpted, World Heritage Site of Geiranger Fjord, one of northern Europe’s most spectacular natural wonders and a must see for any Norwegian Fjords adventure travel enthusiast.
- Zodiac past Europe’s largest seabird colonies, resonating with the calls of puffins, guillemots, kittiwakes, and gannets, among others.
- Raise a pint with the locals and shop for woolens, silver, and other regional treasures in picturesque villages as part of our Scottish Isles tour.
With Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your Norwegian Fjords and Scottish Isles expedition:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel night
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come
- Daily activity options, from nature hikes to village visits
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your Norwegian Fjords expedition, with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated Zegrahm program manager and air coordinator to answer all your questions
- Photographic journal upon returning home to relive your Norwegian Fjords and Scottish Isles tour
Archaeology, Birding, Hiking & Trekking, Photography, Wildlife & Nature