- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Wild & Ancient Britain
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
A trio of timeless lands is included in this comprehensive Britain expedition. Come with us as we delve into the lore and landscapes of Britain, Ireland, and Scotland. Our expedition vessel, the 110-passenger Clipper Odyssey, makes it easy to navigate the narrow channels and waterways of the most remote regions of the British Isles. Our Britain tour includes Giant’s Causeway in Ireland, St. Kilda in the Hebrides, and the Neolithic stones of Orkney, among other treasures. Savor a cuppa with the charming residents of remote Fair Isle. Stroll through subtropical gardens on the Isles of Scilly. This is the best of Britain adventure travel.
Wild and Ancient Britain Expedition Highlights:
- Skellig Islands, Ireland, one of Europe’s most impressive seabird citadels, with kittiwakes, razorbills, and nesting puffins—a must during any Britain expedition.
- Train ride on the Isle of Man Steam Railway (Britain’s longest narrow-gauge steam line), through quaint villages and to the resort town of Port Erin.
- The Shetland Islands, where one of the region’s finest Iron Age ruins is preserved: a 40-foot broch, a dry stone structure, dating from A.D. 200.
- Bass Rock, one of our favorite stops on this Britain tour for its 100,000 resident gannets—called one of the “Twelve Wildlife Wonders of the World.”
- Giant’s Causeway, a stunning geological formation and World Hertitage Site.
What to Expect:
Britain adventure travel requires a relatively moderate level of exertion. You will be asked to climb in and out of Zodiacs for excursions ashore. Moderate strolls and more active hikes will be available on this Britain expedition; a few of the excursions will feature rough terrain with rocky, uneven beaches. Expect highs in the 65°F to 75°F range, cooling slightly as you travel north. These itineraries are subject to change, and landings may be tidal or weather dependent, so we only ask for your flexibility and a healthy spirit of adventure.
Archaeology, Birding, History, Wildlife & Nature